2012 Kia Forte fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Kia Forte:

2012 Kia Forte Owner Comments

May 102016

Forte

Eco boost to loud and vibration on engine.

- Federal Heights, CO, USA

Jul 042013

Forte 4-cyl

I was backing out of a driveway approx. 3 feet when the car lurched backwards at full RPM while the brakes were applied and the gas pedal went all the way to the floorboard. The only way I could get the car to stop was to turn off the ignition. It was like the brakes weren't working and the throttle was stuck. This "problem" caused damage to a support beam of a carport causing it to fail and fall on a car parked underneath. I know there are similar complaints such as this on this exact car, why hasn't there been any investigations and/or recalls on this car? this is a very unsafe car. By the way, this was a rental car and no one wants to take responsibility.

- Lady Lake, FL, USA

Jan 212012

Forte

Bought my 2012 Kia Forte ex on 11/12/2011. Right after my first oil change from the Kia dealer. I took it home and parked it in my garage. This would have been Friday 1/21/2012. We were going to dinner on Saturday 01/22/2012. And the car would not start. Took 10 minutes. With gasoline smell in car. We let the air clear out. Well to make a long story short. I have had this car into two different dealers and they keep telling me that they cannot find the problem due to no light or service engine soon light going off. It is now 12/21/2012. And still having issues which is a very very bad safety issue. On 12/17/2012 I was getting ready to leave and had a very bad raw gasoline smell in the car. Again I called dealer and they said bring it up. So I did so. My general manager as well as fellow employees smelled the fuel odor also. General manager said to me that he felt that this was not safe to drive. Now prohibiting me from parking this car near our facility. Anyway I drove it to ft. Wayne to the dealer with all 4 windows down until entering ft. Wayne. It started raining. I had to roll them all up. At dealer. Service manager smelt the terrible smell as well as an customer and technician. They went through everything not finding any problem with the tests they did. On 12/20/2012. I was told to come and pick my car up (reps order.) since they could not get this to reoccur. So in the meantime I have an baby and 2 other children and us that are put into a dangerous situation just because they cannot pinpoint this issue. The issue is an no start or misfire then the fuel smell is there for days. My fear is that the fumes will make us sick or even an explosion. I have talked to several firemen who have explained to me what may or could happen. Why should I have to keep putting my family and myself into this danger? this is a major safety issue.

- Dunkirk, IN, USA

Jan 212011

Forte 4-cyl

I bought my 2012 Kia Forte ex on 11/12/2011. Right after my first oil change from the Kia dealer. I took it home and parked it in my garage. This would have been Friday Jan. 21 2011. We were going to dinner on Saturday 01/22/2012. And the car would not start. Took 10 minutes. With gasoline smell in car. We let the air clear out. Well to make a long story short. I have had this car into two different dealers and they keep telling me that they cannot find the problem due to no light or service engine soon light going off. It is now 12/21/2012. And still having issues which is a very very bad safety issue. On 12/17/2012 I was getting ready to leave and had a very bad raw gasoline smell in the car. Again I called dealer and they said bring it up. So I did so. My general manager as well as fellow employees smelled the fuel odor also. General manager said to me that he felt that this was not safe to drive. Now prohibiting me from parking this car near our facility. Anyway I drove it to ft. Wayne to the dealer with all 4 windows down until entering ft. Wayne. It started raining. I had to roll them all up. At dealer. Service manager smelt the terrible smell as well as an customer and technician. They went through everything not finding any problem with the tests they did. On 12/20/2012. I was told to come and pick my car up (reps order.) since they could not get this to reoccur. So in the meantime I have an baby and 2 other children and us that are put into a dangerous situation just because they cannot pinpoint this issue. The issue is an no start or misfire then the fuel smell is there for days. My fear is that the fumes will make us sick or even an explosion. I have talked to several firemen who have explained to me what may or could happen. Why should I have to keep putting my family and myself into this danger? this is a major safety issue.

- Dunkirk, IN, USA