5.1

2014 Kia Forte fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Forte:

2014 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Aug 062016

Forte

I was changing the oil on my car and noticed that a hose below the car broke and was leaking some type of fluid. I noticed this about 30 minutes ago, but the issue could have been going on for much longer.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Feb 072015

Forte 4-cyl

I have had two accidents, the first time when I went to try and start my car up and it would not start up. Kia replace my fuel pump, believing that was the issue. The second they told me they could not diagnosis a problem so it was nothing that they could do.

- Florissant, MO, USA

Aug 282014

Forte

On Thursday, August 28th, 2014 at around 7:45am, my 2014 Kia Forte stalled in the middle of the road as I was driving. It was a most terrifying experience as I was in the middle of the road, in the turning lane under an overpass. I had to wait over an hour for Kia roadside assistance and therefore the police had to call in a separate tow company so that I would not continue to illegally block traffic. I was advised that the problem was due to the fuel pump causing the 15 amp fuse to blow.

- Plano, TX, USA

Jul 122013

Forte

This is our 2nd 2014 Kia Forte ex with navigation everything top of the line... well the first one had a knock in the motor so the dealership "exchanged" it and this one the seat takes about 5 min to lock into place after you adjust it and you have to be driving for it to lock in. There is a knock when you turn the wheels and the dealership says Kia is working to fix it & try not to drive it as much as you can... the fuel tank keeps leaking and needing to be replaced but there working on that too I'm sure.... haha after our car being in the shop for 36 days I finally was called by Kia and offered a settlement until they can fix the issues... the settlement was not easy the girl who called me was extremely rude and everything I had looked up about the laws she didn't know she had to keep either "googling" it or she went to ask her boss & then would come back oh your I guess right... Kia was doing good for awhile but sadly I think they are very close to having the buy 2 get 1 free sale again...

- Bonney Lake, WA, USA