2014 Kia Forte seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Forte:

2014 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Sep 142016

Forte

The contact owns a 2014 Kia Forte. While driving approximately 35 mph, the contact's vehicle rear ended the preceding vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. The driver sustained injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was damaged, but the contact was able to drive home. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and ordered the contact not to let anyone touch the vehicle until it was examined by the manufacturer. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- Citrus Heights, CA, USA

Aug 312016

Forte

The contact owned a 2014 Kia Forte. While making a turn at approximately 15 mph, the contact's vehicle crashed into the driver's side of another vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. The contact sustained injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The front end of the vehicle was destroyed. The vehicle was towed to a collision center. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Cleaveland, OH, USA

Nov 112015

Forte

Airbags failed to deploy when vehicle involved in a front-end collision.

- Westlake, OH, USA

Aug 312014

Forte

The contact owned a 2014 Kia Forte. While driving at an unknown speed, the contact lost control of the vehicle, causing it to flip over and crash into a dirt hill. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact suffered minor head injuries that did not require medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to an impound lot. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 8,000.

- Joshua Tree, CA, USA

May 132014

Forte 4-cyl

I totaled my car by hydroplaning into a guardrail and none of the airbags deployed.

- Huntsville, TX, USA

Apr 022014

Forte

I was involved in a car accident in which a man ran a red light as I was going through an intersection. He hit my car right at the "hinge" of the driver's side door and hit me into the car next to me. My side curtain air bags never deployed and he hit me going 35 mph. This is not cool, is there anything I can do about this? my car was totaled and I can tell you that as much as I loved my Kia, which I only had for 7 months, not sure I want to buy another....updated 06-16-15 * updadted 9/18/15

- Lake Wylie, SC, USA