2.4

2014 Kia Forte suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Forte:

2014 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Mar 082016

Forte

First, instrument cluster intermittently fails and show incorrect range and fuel levels. Speedometer shows car is going 0 mph even when car is moving. Tachometer shows 0 RPM even when car is idling or moving. This has happened two times since 3/8/16. Second, brake pads provided on car are cheap and do not have range I changed the brake pads and rotors for the first time at 10K miles. Third, ventilation system doesn't operate properly and I can intermittently smell burning plastic coming from vents, fan doesn't operate over the 3 setting and A/C doesn't blow cold. Finally, shocks and struts are sub par had to replace at 10K miles due to tire cupping.

- Villa Park, IL, USA

Feb 122015

Forte 4-cyl

I have been driving my 2014 Kia Forte ex for almost 2 years now. Leased it brand new the day it landed on the lot. I only drive it to work and back as we have a 2014 Kia sorento we do all our family traveling in. I took the Forte to the dealership today as I was having issues with the bluetooth, the check engine light was on and there was a hollow tumbling sound coming from the rear of the car. Upon inspection the service associate informed me that the tires were tore up. I explained to them that the car only had 33500 miles on it and I had brought it in at 6000 miles to have the alignment fixed because it was off then as well. The mechanic checked the alignment today and told us the rear axle is not right, looks like it came off the assembly line that way. As this time Kia doesn't know what they can do for me, but the car is still brand new, they need to make it right!

- Jackson Center, OH, USA