5.1

2015 Kia Forte engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Kia Forte:

2015 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Oct 122016

Forte 4-cyl

My car light came on indicating I need oil in my 2015 Kia Forte. After putting on in my car it began to stall. I was in the process of driving it home and the car comes to a screeching stop on breckenridge ln, in louisville ky. I started the car back up and began to drive some more the car did it again. I was very lucky that no one ran into the back of me as the car stopped all of the sudden as if someone had pushed on the brakes. As I started the car again and began to drive a few yards down the road the car cut off and I was lucky that I drifted into a abandoned gas station only to have the car no start back up.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Jan 202016

Forte

When the car accelerates from a stop, there is severe valve pinging sound. Kia motors America is aware of the issue, but are not taking any steps to address the issue "as it does not do anything to the car". the noise is very severe on the 2015 Forte and it is a defect in the design of the car. The wind noise and the valve ping make the car very loud. The dealer says that since Kia motors America is not addressing the issue, nothing can be done. Kia motors America has been aware of this issue for years but have failed to do anything about as they are do not care about their customers. Recommendations include upgrading to better gas, but the noise still persists. Kia recommends and advertises regular unleaded for the Forte, but a more expensive plus or premium grade is needed to decrease the sound of the ping. There is an additional added expense to the car that Kia fails to address.

- Washington, NJ, USA