2015 Kia Forte seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Kia Forte:

2015 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Jan 152016

On 1/15/2016, I hit a massive 10-point buck (deer) head on. It was standing in the middle of the highway, and I drove into it doing 65 mph. The front of my car sustained significant damage; the entire front end was pushed back and the hood was bent back to the windshield. Yet, my airbag did not deploy. I have worked as a paramedic/ff for over 15 years, and I have worked hundreds of accident scenes. I can tell you right now... this airbag system failed. With the front end damage that my car sustained, that airbag should have deployed immediately. I have reached out to Kia with no response, so perhaps the NHTSA can force Kia to fix this. Because I can tell you right now, there are going to be some fatalities if this isn't fixed.

- Mount Carmel, IL, USA

Dec 042015

"takata recall" I was traveling at 45 miles per hour when another vehicle made an oncoming left turn into my lane, causing a collision. I hit the other vehicle head on with her front passenger wheel. The airbags did not deploy. Is there a recall on this?

- Augusta, GA, USA

Dec 142014

Forte 4-cyl

Driver was in middle lane driving around 55 mph. For some unknown reason, driver lost control of vehicle. Car began flipping while still in the roadway, eventually hit a guard rail and continued flipping. Driver was ejected and killed. Airbags never deployed...updated 11/13/15.....updated 12/23/15 updated 1/11/2015

- Crosby, TX, USA