2003 Kia Optima brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Kia Optima:

2003 Kia Optima Owner Comments

May 172012

Optima

Brake problem where brakes will work, then not work, mechanics redid brake system, then finally put new governor on. Nothing has worked and they say it is fixed and then I will go to drive car for a little bit, not even five miles, brakes lock up, or do not work, or then will work finally, but this time, traffic coming to a stop, I try to apply brakes, however, once again, brakes do nothing, cannot get stopped, now I have an accident because cannot stop car and no way to stop it and this is not my fault, mechanics say fixed, and I am manager of auto body shop for many years and no one at the shop I worked for previously nor current one could find problem with the car... well, let me TELL YOU THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE BRAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE NOT WORKING AGAIN>>NOW A WRECK BECAUSE THEY DO NOT WORK, BUT YET ALL THE MONEY SPENT, MECHANICS SAY FIXED, WELL, THEN THEY SHOULD WORK AND THEY DO NOT ONCE AGAIN!! NOW AN ACCIDENT DUE TO BRAKE FAILURE!!!!!! THIS JUST CANNOT BE AND PLEASE NOTIFY ME FOR OTHERS HAVING SAME PROBLEM AS THIS IS NOT RIGHT NOR JUST!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Hagerstown, MD, USA