2.2

2004 Kia Optima AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Kia Optima:

2004 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Feb 012008

Optima 6-cyl

Summer of 2007 A/C would not work sporadically. February 1,2008 I had my personal mechanic come to my house to look at my car to figure out why I am hearing noise coming from under my hood. Without any knowledge of my A/C problems he asked me if I have been having problems with my A/C because he sees the problem as being my A/C compressor. Calling around for prices to fix this problem I was informed the Kia factory is completely out of A/C compressors. I called my local dealership and they had informed me they have replaced a few A/C compressors recently. My car is not drivable due to quite a few things that will lock up under my hood if I continue driving it. I called Kia and was told I have to fix the problem on my own and there is nothing they can do about it.

- Front Royal, VA, USA