2004 Kia Optima miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Kia Optima:

2004 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Jun 012004

Optima 4-cyl

I have a 2004 Kia Optima with a belt that squeaks rather loudly. I took it back to the dealer. They said it was not covered under warranty and would cost $120 to replace it if I wanted to, but it was not dangerous. My problem was that I had just bought the car and it made this awful sound. I even contacted Kia's complaint department, but nothing was ever done. This is my first and last Kia. This just didn't happen once, but squeaks on a regular basis.

- Mcminnville, TN, USA