4.7

2006 Kia Optima fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Kia Optima:

2006 Kia Optima Owner Comments

May 022011

Optima

In filling the gas tank when the pump shut off gasoline poured out of the gas tank. The first time I blamed the gas station. It happened again when my daughter was filling the tank. Even after the fuel nozzle was taken out of the tank, a great deal of gasoline poured out of the tank. The dealer checked the car out and said everything was all right. Its not!

- Bedford, MA, USA

Oct 192006

Optima 6-cyl

I have a 2006 Kia Optima that was just purchased 2 months ago. It has a problem stalling when coming to a stop. I have had it looked at by the dealer several times and the could not duplicate the problem. I also work at the same dealership. One of the last times this happened I almost hit a business sign turning a corner. I believe the dealer and Kia are not doing all they should since I work there. They only looked at the vehicle one time and only checked a couple of things. I have been in the car business almost 20 years and I am not satisfied with what they have done. The factory rep. For Kia did not really care. His name is don stevens. I do not feel safe driving this car. Before I purchased vehicle the dealer had already had to repair the fuel pump on the vehicle.

- Cocoa Beach, FL, USA