2007 Kia Optima brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Kia Optima:

2007 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Oct 262015

Knage123575112607 I took my car in today because of a letter I received for a service campaign. There are all several problems regarding my brakes loss of fluids severe corrosion flaking or scaling of metal brake pipes and I was told the weather has caused that when I called the consumer Kia phone number. I have oil leak from the back of the engine and rogers very very rusty. Both front struts leaking. I took my car back to Kia summit place in waterford Michigan. This is where I bought my car. They told me that all of that corrosion was because I live in Michigan.

- Lake Orion, MI, USA

Sep 222014

Optima 6-cyl

I was traveling 25 miles an hour on a road and my brakes locked up at a red light. This happen once before, I thought it was because of the rain. Lucky they car in front of us ran the red light to keep us from hitting them. But on the 8th of this month my sister used my car for her drivers test, she tried to use the emergency brake for her test. The man testing her said it does not work. I do not have the funds to fix this. I feel the dealership I bought it from should fix it or replace the car. This could cause a wreck that could kill our family.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

May 142014

Optima 6-cyl

While backing out of a parking space, my car suddenly accelerated while in reverse gear. I put the brakes on but to no avail. I had no control of the speed. This is all happening going in reverse. I crashed into the building next to the parking lot. The floor mat was seated properly and yes my foot was on the brake pedal.

- Perrysburg, OH, USA