2008 Kia Optima body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Kia Optima:

2008 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Jun 202013

Optima 4-cyl

My husband and daughter were involved in an accident where they struck a tree. The car was totaled and their was extensive damage to the front of the vehicle. The impact was more on the passenger front of vehicle. My daughter was the passenger and she is full grown so she should of been detected in the seat. The driver side airbag did deploy the passenger side did not. I am very grateful that she did not suffer serious injuries (just lacerations from seatbelt). I notified Kia motors and was given a case number. Somebody did follow up with me and asked that I send photos and told me someone else would be calling. I sent the photos. I did receive the second call from Kia and was told that the engineers incharge of the airbags would be on vacation for a couple of weeks and as soon as they came back and examined the photos, I would receive a call back. That was five weeks ago. No follow-up as of today Aug. 6, 2014. I was also told they do not have any other complaints. I told them they should go on and start reading. I do hope that this car gets recalled. My husband and daughter were very fortunate with no serious injuries, but someone may not be as lucky next time.

- West Haven, CT, USA

Jun 092013

Optima 4-cyl

While traveling at the posted speed limit of 55 mph a deer ran into the side of my 2008 Kia Optima which is equipped with side air bags in which the drivers side door was pushed in on the driver and the drivers side widow was destroyed inflicting cuts on the driver and with the entire drivers side of the vehicle received extensive damage including the hood of the vehicle. The side air bags never deployed to ensure the safety of the driver even with the severity of the impact of which Kia national headquarters was contacted and the explanation was that the vehicle was not moving sideways at impact and this is why the air bags did not deploy! this is not a valid excuse to me or I would think an consumer purchasing this vehicle with the assumption that they have side air bag protection!

- Kewaunee, WI, USA