2008 Kia Optima miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Kia Optima:

2008 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Oct 222014

Optima 4-cyl

Today, the key would not turn in my 2008 Kia, I had to have it towed to my home. This is a recurring issue and but usually I can turn the steering wheel or move around the gearshift to solve the problem. Although today my key will not turn and I can move the steering wheel around and push the gearshift over and it does nothing. I called Kia and they said I would have to come in to get a diagnostic test for $107, although I told them it seems to be the key ignition. I feel this is a safety issue which I am shocked there has not been a recall for it and also my car will completely shut off at random times when I start to drive and turn a corner.I also feel this is a safety issue. I have read many complaints online about the same issues.

- St Clair Shores, MI, USA

Jan 172014

There is currently a recall on the same year make and model of my car, yet my car is not cover. I was told that my car was not included because it was manufactured in a different area. However I am having the same issue that is caused by the recall on the part that is currently out. I wanted to file a formal complaint because the cost to have this part fixed not affordable for me at this moment and I feel it is unjust that I have to pay the out of pocket expenses seeing that there is a known problem regarding this part and this issue with this make and model car.

- Atlanta , GA, USA