2010 Kia Optima steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Kia Optima:

2010 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Jan 232014

Optima 4-cyl

While sitting at a traffic light, a vehicle rear-ended my 2010 Kia Optima. The driver hit my Kia so hard, I hit the mustang in front of me. No air bags deployed upon either impact. Kia was drivable, but there were noticeable differences in the way the car drove (I.e. started pulling to the right, wheel shaking, etc). This was the evening of 01/23/2014. On 01/29/2014, the steering wheel locked up and collided with a parked vehicle (totaling the Kia) @ 28-30 mph. Again air bags did not deploy, and the impact lifted me up and my head shattered the windshield from the top. Seat belt was in use, but did not lock upon impact, failing to secure my body. Major concussion received along with multiple bruises, cuts, and scrapes. Investigation unable to determine the cause of the steering malfunction due to the extent of the damage.

- Rowlett, TX, USA