2011 Kia Optima miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Kia Optima:

2011 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Nov 242015

My family was on hwy 75 returning from thanksgiving vacay when we discovered that the airbag light was on. After placing a call to Kia, I discovered that apparently airbags aren't covered by the 130,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Now the ignition has an issue. Often times, I have to hit my key in the ignition in order to be able to turn the key. I am wondering if the ignition issue and the airbag issue are relateable and need to see if covered by warranty. There are 90,000 miles on this car and I have had it for less than a year. We purchased it used from drivetime. Thanks

- Kennesaw, GA, USA

Jul 202015

My 2011 Kia Optima panoramic sunroof exploded like a bomb went off above my head while I was traveling at normal highway speed on a beautiful clear day. Once I got pulled over onto the shoulder I observed a bowling ball sized hole blasted outward in the center of the front panel of the sunroof. Nothing hit it. Everything was normal. Boom. Luckily the sun shade was closed at the time, otherwise the shattered glass would have rained down upon me at the time of the big bang, and I probably would have lost control.

- Youngstown, FL, USA

Oct 132011

Optima 4-cyl

Defective key fobs. They cannot be reprogrammed and you become stranded with no way of starting the auto. Dealership has tried four times to reprogram the key fob without success. There is no way to start or operate the car with the mechanical key. Can become a dangerous situation if you are in an isolated area!

- Davenport, FL, USA

Mar 012011

Car pulls to left 100% of the time. Car has been inspected by Kia service and meets all factory specs. This appears to be a design flaw. Kia requires all 2011 Optima's to be realigned prior to being sold. Customer service rep. Said that one of her tec. Reps. Drives a 2011 Optima and it also pulls left.

- Pawleys Island, SC, USA