2013 Kia Optima lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Kia Optima:

2013 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Apr 152016

-1st problem- headlights/ fog lights seem to burn out way too often. I've owned cars for over 30 years and never had to replace bulbs as often as I do with this car. -2nd problem- steering seems to be difficult to keep on road and wheel seems to be sticking. I find myself over-correcting to "unlock" the steering wheel. I have a long daily commute, 184 miles round trip, so my 3 year old car has over 100,000 miles. I bought it brand new and never had the steering problem until recently. The headlights burning out has been on going since about 2 months after buying the car. Other than those 2 things, the car has been great with great gas mileage, good ride, etc. However, the steering problem scares me now.

- Delmar, MD, USA

Feb 222015

My headlight went out Sunday, 2/23/2015. I purchased a bulb from our local auto parts store and went home, thinking I could change the bulb myself. I took out my trusty car manual and tried to get directions on changing the bulb myself. After following the instructions, I was still unable to get to the bulb. At this point I went to the internet. My Kia will be 2 years old in May 2015. Low and behold, I find out you have to take off the front bumper just to change the headlight. In a panic, I call the dealership, sale Kia of kinston, nc, they inform me that even though I have the bulb, it will cost me $100 to take off the bumper, just to change the light. Maybe I should buy another bulb and change both and that way I could be saving myself another $100. This is the second Kia I have owned. I traded my amanti which was 6 years old for this vehicle. I got none of the advertised perks, loyalty bonus or any other advertised bonus that I had read about, that should have been my warning. Trading for this Optima was the worst mistake I could have made. I had one service call worked on through my warranty on the amanti. After 9 months in the Optima the dealership stated noting unusual wear on my front tires. I finally had to buy more out of my pocket. By the way my Kia didn't come with a spare or a jack, just a mobility kit, which consist of a little bag with a can of fix-A-flat. So if you're in the market for a brand new car, don"T buy a Kia. Whew!! I feel better now. I'm retired, so I guess my next step is to start checking the want ads to find me a job to save up for a down payment on another car, and you can believe it won't be a Kia.

- Kinston, NC, USA

May 052013

The contact owns a 2013 Kia Optima. The contact stated that while driving 70 mph, the headlights flickered sporadically. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 5,600 and the current mileage was 5,900.

- Odenton , MD, USA