2013 Kia Optima seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Kia Optima:

2013 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Mar 022016

Air bag light constantly stays on while driving

- Chicago, IL, USA

Dec 312015

The contact owned a 2013 Kia Optima. While driving 50 mph, the contact's vehicle crashed into a deer. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to an independent mechanic. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 58,000.

- White Hall, MD, USA

Nov 162015

The contact owns a 2013 Kia Optima. While the contact's mother was behind the wheel and the vehicle was idling, the vehicle accelerated while her foot was on the brake pedal. The steering ability failed and prevented her from turning the steering wheel. The contact's mother lost control of the vehicle and crashed into an embankment and a ditch. The air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The vehicle was towed, pending the insurance company's investigation and analysis. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The VIN was not provided. The failure mileage was 56,500.

- Ft Washington, MD, USA

Nov 142015

I was traveling 65mph when a deer ran out in front of the car. The front in was crushed in and the airbag did not release. I was told that with the force impact of the deer the airbag should have came out.

- Demopolis, AL, USA

Sep 242014

Optima 4-cyl

I was involved in a mva accident on 9/24/2014. I was stopped at a light, facing East, turning to go North, in SC ia a man ran a red light, coming westbound at a high rate of speed hit the traffic going South bound which in turn the 1993 Ford Explorer hit me head on. Pushed my 2013 Kia Optima 40ft from the light. The impact was pretty intense and I was hit head on and no air bags deployed, as I looked in the back seat my back seats were laying down, before the impact they were in a up position and fully locked..updated 10/17/14 updated 3/30/15

- Sioux City , IA, USA

Jan 112014

I was exiting to turn right onto the street when I looked down for a few seconds and hit the median head on. There was a big terra-cotta pot with a tree planted in it that I hit hard. It ripped the front bottom part of my car off and broke my transaxle. It wouldn't drive anymore and it totaled my car. None of the airbags ever came out even when I hit head on. I had to go to the hospital for a cscan. I ended up with a concussion for almost three months and still have a knot on my head. I was also wearing my seat belt.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jun 292013

The contact owns a 2013 Kia Optima. The contact stated that the driver crashed into another vehicle and the air bags failed to deploy. The driver was taken to a hospital for treatment of neck injuries. It was unknown if a police report was filed. The vehicle was taken to an impound lot. The vehicle was not diagnosed for the cause of the air bag failure. The vehicle was destroyed. The approximate failure and current mileage was unknown. The VIN was not available.

- Woodbury, NY, USA