5.6

2014 Kia Optima accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Optima:

2014 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Jun 292015

Optima

The contact owns a 2014 Kia Optima. While driving approximately 50 mph, the temperature in the vehicle suddenly increased and a loud explosion sound was heard. After inspecting the vehicle, the contact noticed that the sun roof shattered. The vehicle was driven to the contact's residence. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The approximate failure mileage was 37,000.

- East New Market, MD, USA

Oct 062014

Optima

As we were pulling into a parking lot, the panoramic sunroof exploded outwards. The sunroof is bowed upwards and glass fragments were on the top and trunk deck of the car. Nothing struck the car, the sunroof literally exploded outwards. After doing a google search, I found hundreds of entries for exploding sunroofs in both the Optima and the Kia sorento.

- Lansing, IL, USA

Feb 202014

Optima 4-cyl

Driving southbound on I-95 in Virginia, I heard a loud explosion like a gunshot. Moments later, I heard the sound of air rushing past from above my head and debris vibrating on the interior sunroof screen. I later found that it was broken glass crackling and falling against the interior sunroof screen. I pulled over immediately to check the roof for damage. What I found was a gaping hole (8-12 inches in diameter) in the glass of the front sunroof. I was not near any overpass or work trucks, nor did I ever observe anything striking the car at any time- not during this incident or ever before. I seriously thought there had been an explosion or gunshot somewhere nearby. This is a serious issue. The exploding sound alone might cause a person to go off the road or otherwise swerve into traffic.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA