2014 Kia Optima brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Optima:

2014 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Aug 162015

I was trying to back in between2 vehicles in the church parking lot. And while doing so, with my foot on the brake the car lunched backwards with a jerking motion, like it was trying to do 2 different things atone time, at full rate of speed and doing so, it backed into the vehicle to my left, the car acted like it had a mind of it's own. I reported the accident and when the police arrived on the sight, he informed me that he had seen an issue like this happening on the news. I had never heard of and I went online to report this incident. I was not hurt and if my cousin wasn't in the car, I don't think anyone would've believed me. I think this needs to be looked into, I'm really scared to drive my vehicle.

- Terre Haute, IN, USA