5.8

2014 Kia Optima electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Optima:

2014 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Sep 212016

Optima

Vehicle periodically will not crank after sitting. Has been to the dealership 4 times recently and dealer cannot figure out the issue.

- Belleview, FL, USA

May 092016

Optima

May 9th 2016, driving to work on I-44 heading to work, my vehicle without warning shuts off and dies, I start to see white smoke come from the engine compartment, I safely pull the car over to shoulder because it was still rolling. Exit the vehicle and open the hood, and the engine catches fire on the driver side of the engine. I have spoken to many certified mechanics all with the same answer that it was an electrical fire. I have since completed the total loss process with my insurance. I have contacted Kia Consumer Affairs who were absolutely zero help. The vehicle was still under warranty as it only had just over 36000 miles.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Apr 152015

Optima

We had taken our car to the dealership for a regular oil change. They advised that there was a recall and fixed whatever the problem was. We found the fuse cover on the dashboard. 1 day later, the symbols on the dashboard began to light up and the car froze, locked and died. I was able to get it over to the side of the road. I was told that it was the alternator. This car has 7800 miles on it and is a year old. It was fortunate I was not on a highway. There probably would have been a serious accident. I couldn't even get my flashers on because the battery was completely dead. I asked why this would happen and if it could happen again and was given no concrete answer. I loved driving this car, but my confidence in this vehicle is now lost.

- Pomona, NY, USA