2015 Kia Optima miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Kia Optima:

2015 Kia Optima Owner Comments

Nov 262016

Optima

Coming off an off ramp on greenbriar South in chesapeak Virginia, I heard a cracking noise from under the car. There was nothing in the road nor was there any pot holes. The vehicle then started pulling to the right and when I started pulling the steering wheel to the left I continued to drift right. I then landed into a guard rail at approximately 15 to 20 miles per hour. There was a witness behind me that can attest to this incident. The tie rod end had broken clean in half as if it was cut with a pair of siccors which caused me to lose all steering capability then ultimately caused me to collide with the guard rail. Basically destroying my front end and the front right side of the vehicle and the drivers air bag was deployed. I was making a slight right hand curved turn on an off ramp. Off highway 64.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Sep 252014

Optima

Paint on hood roof trunk had spots in paint orange peel in paint on passenger side of car

- Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA