2013 Kia Optima Hybrid miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid:

2013 Kia Optima Hybrid Owner Comments

May 242014

Optima Hybrid

Shortly after purchase took a trip to Texas to see my daughter. On three separate occasions on that trip; was going down the interstate with the cruise control set, all of the sudden it started accelerating all on it's own... the 1st time I questioned if I had accidently bumped something, the 2nd also and the 3rd allowed it to act on its own and before I knew it was almost 100mph. Thankfully the brake engages.. when I returned home I immediately took it in for check and was told they could not recreate the problem so nothing could be done.. it is currently at the dealer for the 5th occasion regarding the same issue.. I am afraid for my safety and the safety of others having this issue. I have been told if they can not recreate the issue there is nothing they can repair..

- Muscatine, IA, USA