8.0

1. replace (1 reports)
2001 Kia Rio brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Kia Rio:

2001 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Jul 062003

Rio

In Canada Winters can get bad, but in November mostly slush,these tires are so bad they couldn't even handle slush, changed them. Dealership no help, wind noises they don't test over a 55 MPH,well at 60 MPH it makes the noise, no help, because the tires were so bad, I got stuck on a hill in the winter in the country at night, clutch burnt out trying to get it to move..They helped with such stern warnings that I thought I built the damn thing....33,000 KM, brakes, although I had 20 % brake pad left I needed rotors, not because they were worn they were rusted and pitted....I wanted a second opinion and while waiting for the appointment had an accident 3 days after this inspection....Well day after the accident my second opinion found a seized front brake...the service manager told me his guy didn't see the seized brake how, convenient, he seen the rusted and pitted rotors though....Terrible handling, in wind, rain, snow well hell just about any time your driving ii...The driving compartment is like a sardine can, yes it was made for small people...In Korea...

- , Stittsville, Ontario, Canada