3.9

2001 Kia Rio electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Kia Rio:

2001 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Jun 292004

Rio 4WD

While driving 40 mph on an incline vehicle was running roughly. Consumer noticed smoke coming from under the hood. Consumer immediately pulled over, and within a half a minute, it was on fire.

- Monroe, NY, USA

Mar 102004

Rio 4-cyl

While driving 40 mph up an incline vehicle ran rough. Consumer noticed smoke was coming from under the hood. Consumer immediately pulled over. Within a half a minute, vehicle was on fire.

- Monroe, NY, USA

Jan 312001

Rio

I was driving home from work, and when I was approximately 1 minute from my home, my check engine light came on, and my car began "chugging". I made it as far as 3 houses away from my driveway when my car just stalled out. Rather than re-starting, I decided to roll to my driveway. I didn't even make it as far as my driveway, and my car caught on fire. The black smoke was so thick, you couldn't even see through it. My whole engine went up in flames, and my car is now totaled. I have had absolutely no problems with this car until now.

- Danvers, MA, USA