2001 Kia Rio engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Kia Rio:

2001 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Sep 072006

Rio 1.5L

i bought my 2001 kia rio thinking it would be a good car but i was wrong, i am having so many problems with it. when it is cold it just dont run it dies and stutters when it runs it will no throw a check engine light so i have not found the problem.

- , Wilmington, OH, USA

May 072005

Idles really rough, tried to get it fixed at one point, but apparently its just the way it was manufactured

- , Rogers, AR, USA

Sep 202003

Car ran fine, then started acting rough running at a stop light, wouldn't hardly go, I thought it was going to die on idle. Check engine light came on. Dealer said I needed to replace the plugs and wires, which were not covered by warranty. I was given a loaner for 3 days. The labor was $45.00 and the diagnosis cost $90.00 at the dealer. Total came to $256.00. I know I could have done the work cheaper on my own, but I was hoping the "problem" would be covered on my warranty. It didn't act like a plug or wire, it acted like something major, as it came on so suddenly.

- , Sauk Rapids, MN, USA