2001 Kia Rio lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Kia Rio:

2001 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Mar 142002

My brake lights have blown out 4 times...the first time I took it to an advanced auto parts store and got the fuse replaced...2 hours later they were out again...then they told me to take it to my dealer to get a brake light switch replaced...took it to the dealer and they ignored my suggestion of a brake light switch and replaced the fuse on March 14...2 hours later the lights were out again....took car back to dealer March 15.....fixed problem again this time replaced brake light switch....returned the vehicle to me March 19, by nightfall the lights were out again. Dealer will not fix the problem promptly due to the fact that I paid cash for the car and I dont have a monthly payment......anyone considering purchasing a Kia, please don't.

- Rocky Mount, NC, USA