1.9

2001 Kia Rio wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Kia Rio:

2001 Kia Rio Owner Comments

May 162008

Rio

I purchased new tires around February 2007 from sears at the Virginia center commons store location. Within three weeks between April and may of 2008 I experienced three flats. Two of the flats were on the same day within 2 hours of each other. I had the fourth one replaced at this time. All three flats were because of faulty valve stems. Recently I read about a 6 million recall of TR413 valve stems from tech international a distributor of shanghai baolong. I believe my problem is part of the recall which notified the clients but not the public. Fortunately none of the flats occurred at high speed while on the highway but on secondary roads at speeds of 45mph or less. I did complain to sears on their feedback survey but received no reply. I had purchased road hazard with the tires so I was not charged for any of the repairs but am upset about the lack of reply and the lack of notice to the public. I am unsure if any tire damage resulted from the flats. Sincerely denise barwick

- Mechanicsville, VA, USA