2002 Kia Rio brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Kia Rio:

2002 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Aug 252002

Rio

I was wondering if other Kia owner's have had similar problems? I had the front brakes replaced due to a clip that fell off and got between the brake pad and drum, and the rear brakes replaced due to brake dust and glazing of drums. Now less than two weeks later, I'm starting to have the same grinding noise in the rear brakes again and I have an appt. With my Kia dealer on wed. 9/11/02 to have the rear brakes examined again. The grinding noise gets louder as time goes by, and occasionally the brakes grab.

- Spokane, WA, USA