1. replace engine (1 reports)
2004 Kia Rio engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Kia Rio:

2004 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Jan 232014

Rio

Last week the timing belt broke on my Kia. I called the dealership and was told my 10 yr warranty was still valid and to bring the car in. I paid to have it towed the 44 miles.The next day I was told that the timing belt was only under warranty for 5 yrs.

When the belt broke it did so much damage that my car is pretty much totaled.The belt wasn't suppose to be replaced until I reached 60,000 miles on my car. It only had 40,000 on it.No car should have major problems with so few miles. DO NOT BUY A KIA.

- , Sandpoint, ID, USA