2006 Kia Rio body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Kia Rio:

2006 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Nov 052013

Rio

I was driving approximately 60 mph and another vehicle merged into my lane. I was unable to avoid the vehicle but turned to the right and hit their rear end with my front passenger side. I was wearing my seatbelt but my face hit the steering wheel and my knee jammed under the wheel. The impact knocked my car into neutral but no air bags deployed. The emts who responded to the accident were very surprised the air bags did not deploy and said they thought they should have. The car was bought new from the dealership in 2007 and had never been wrecked, so I don't see any reason why the air bags should have been defective.

- Oak Ridge, TN, USA