Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The only reason we don't give the 2010 Kia Rio our top award is because of poor side crash test ratings.

2010 Kia Rio engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Kia Rio:

2010 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Dec 152014

Took my car to get fixed, and looked at the 2nd cyl.. apparently, tons of people are having problems with the 2nd cyl. After looking online about it. I had them try all my coils and its not a coil problem. I had all spark plugs changed and tune up was done. There is absolutely no reason my 2nd cyl. To be messed up... " Kia I'm so disappointed in my car, why are so many problems coming up" my car is not even 5 years old!!! I expect to get answers on this and it be taken care of, I will not be paying for something when I've done my part in maintain G my car.

- Snellville, GA, USA

Aug 272014

Rio 4-cyl

We were involved in an accident where we rear ended another vehicle. The other car was at a standstill and we hit them at about 30 mphs. The driver and myself both had seat belts. The driver injuries her left knee. The airbags did not deploy. I think that if they did her knee might not have been injured because she would not have slid forward upon impact..

- Ocala, FL, USA

Jun 302014

Rio 4-cyl

Traffic came to a sudden stop, I could not stop in time. I hit the tires of a semi trailer, that collision threw me down an embankment where I hit a tree head on. The air bags did not deploy.

- Prescott, MI, USA