2012 Kia Rio miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Kia Rio:

2012 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Sep 032016

Driving car at about 60 mph and car began to smoke. Got out on side of highway lifted hood and everything was on fire. People assing by along with hero and fire dept made sure flames were put out. I never made any modification to vehicle and we keep it serviced. Feel like problems are with manufacture wiring. I have done insurance claim and contacted manufacture. The miles are aprox 102K

- Fayetteville, GA, USA

May 162015

Got up early one morning to go to work, started my car, let it run for 2 minutes and put it in reverse and it moved without me pressing on the gas petal and I was parked down my car starts sometimes and sometimes it won't. it doesn't do it all the time, but it still needs to be repaired. I wanted to know were there a recall on my car for these problems.I haven't took it to a shop to be checked yet, spend enough money on car payments to have to fix my own car and it's under warranty

- Hollis, NC, USA