2013 Kia Rio electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Kia Rio:

2013 Kia Rio Owner Comments

May 212015

ON2 occasions I requested my service department look at the radio when the car was taken in for the second check. Both times the service department stated he had forgotten but sure it was nothing to worry about newer cars are sensitive a pump in the road can make the radio jump second time the tire pressure as well as the radio jumping I was told the same nothing to worry about they will be sure to check it on the next visit. April 2015 I hit a pot hole the clutch hit the floor. I immediately pull into a gas station to add fluid to the chamber. The chamber was full. I pumped the clutch it came to the top like it is suppose to I drove home cautiously. The next day went to leave clutch on the floor. I had the car towed in. I then called my insurance company&made a claim. Then I called the service department. I was told it would be days before my car would be looked at. The weekend came& went by Tuesday they had good news & bad! one was covered the other not! how much" $1,200. They explain I needed a clutch & a slave cylinder. I agued I have driven stick all my life and at 14000 no way. They argued with me for a few minutes. I then told them I'd send in my own specialist because there was no way. Look at it again call me when you have the real issue. One day later they call come get your car! what yesterday it needs $1,200 in damages now it is a miracle it needs nothing? they replied come pick up your car. I need to call my insurance. They replied you reported it to your insurance" I hit a pothole. My insurance went out & found no issue due to the pit hole but later I found out they did see or found out it had mechanical issue. I a had picked up my car. 3 weeks later driving 75 miles per hour in moderate rain fast lane. The smell of wires burning, clutch on floor, no gears, steering like no poer steering hard, tight 7 liight' sort they leined my car.

- San Bernardo, CA, USA

May 202015

The contact owns a 2013 Kia Rio. The contact stated that while driving at 20 mph, the vehicle would jerk violently, accelerate, and stall. All the lights on the instrument panel illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer but the failure was unable to be determined. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 64,252.

- Marion, AL, USA

Jun 262013

The contact owns a 2013 Kia Rio. The contact was driving approximately 60 mph when the lights on the instrument panel illuminated as the power steering suddenly malfunctioned. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where the electrical harness to the computer was replaced. The failure recurred twice after the repairs. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 70.

- El Monte, CA, USA

Nov 212013

Rio 4-cyl

I was stopped for a stop sign at an intersection when flames shot up from underneath the hood! there was no warning at all that anything was even wrong w/this car! no lights on the warning! I quickly put it into park and jumped out. The fire department was there in a matter of minutes. I am in the process of reporting this incident to the Consumer Affairs in rivine, cal. I still do not know what happened to cause such a fire!

- Alton, MO, USA

Jul 092012

Rio 4-cyl

When we pulled up to the red light, the idle stop and go system engaged and stopped the engine. When the light turned green, I released the brake and, as we were on a downslope, we immediately began rolling into the intersection. Unfortunately the go part didn't work and the engine didn't restart. The light had turned red again before I could figure out that I had to put the car into neutral to restart it with the key.

- Chattanooga, TN, USA