2013 Kia Rio seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Kia Rio:

2013 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Jun 162016

Rio

The contact owns a 2013 Kia Rio. After rear ending another vehicle, the seat belt failed to retract and the air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained contusions that required medical attention. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 58,000.

- Quebradillas, PR, USA

Dec 132014

Rio

I was waiting behind someone at a complete stop for them to make a left hand turn and someone crashed into the back of me and smashed me into the person in front of me. The person admit he did.not see us stopped and hit me at about 45 to 50 mph and my airbags did not deploy I would think they should have at how hard I was hit and how hard the car forced me into the car in front of me. I was diagnosed with double whiplash and several torn. Muscles in my chest and shoulders a bruise the size of a softball on my right hip from the seat belt and a burn on my left elbow from how hard it hit my door both the palms of my hands were bruised and I could barely walk for 2 days from soreness and have been seeing a chiropractor for 5 months now my car was totalled

- Corona, CA, USA

Jan 292013

Rio

Air bags did not deploy till vehicle was rolled over.

- Scottsburg, IN, USA

Apr 092014

Rio 4-cyl

I did not have an accident or anything to that nature. We bought our daughter a 2013 Kia Rio. I was sitting in the passenger seat and noticed that the passenger seat is much lower than to drivers seat. I realized god forbid if the airbag goes off, the person will be hit in the face instead of the chest. Im not sure if you can help me, but is this a defect in the car. I found it odd. The car was bought at autoworld Kia in East meadow NY. Thank you for your help

- Whitestone, NY, USA

Jul 272013

Rio

The contact owns a 2013 Kia Rio. The contact stated that while driving 20 mph, the contact crashed into another vehicle. Upon impact, the frontal air bags failed to deploy. The contact also mentioned that the seat belt failed to properly secure a child passenger. The contact sustained minor bruising and the passenger sustained whiplash and shoulder injuries. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 24,000.

- Toledo , OH, USA