2014 Kia Rio engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Rio:

2014 Kia Rio Owner Comments

May 192016

I was driving down a Suburban street when my car engine caught on fire. I was able to stop and get out of the car safely. Although I had put the car in park and used the emergency brake, it rolled down the street until it hit a telephone pole, which it set on fire. The fire was primarily on the driver's side of the car. I had no reason to expect this fire to happen. A firefighter told me it should not have happened, and to do my due diligence.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Jun 292015

Rio 4-cyl

Hi my car caught fire!! the car began smoking thick white smoke through the air conditioning and when we pulled off the street and opened the hood the car was in fire. I really don't feel safe in that car. This would be the 4th time I take it to the dealer. First 3 times was for the air container not working properly, evaporator and some other parts were replaced and now it went up in flames. They say the car is fine but I just don't feel safe any more. This happened 6/29/15 my car is only 8 months old I bought it 10/27/14. I am very concern for other people who have this same car it is not safe.

- Vega Baja , PR, USA

May 082014

The contact owns a 2014 Kia Rio. While driving approximately 45 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. Once restarted, the vehicle resumed normal operation. The failure recurred twice. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The mechanic was unable to detect a trouble code or duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 10,000.

- North Fort Myers, FL, USA

Aug 082014

The contact owns a 2014 Kia Rio. The contact stated that the vehicle emitted a strong antifreeze and fuel odor and the engine warning indicator illuminated. The dealer stated that the engine was leaking. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was 19,000.

- Miami , FL, USA