2.6

2014 Kia Rio miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Rio:

2014 Kia Rio Owner Comments

Nov 222016

Rio

Was having an engine light problem, ended up having the catalytic converter replaced under warranty. Now I am being told that my front brakes are like new and my rear brakes need to be replaced? I asked how this could happen and I was told it is odd and not likely but I needed to replace them. There has to be a malfunction form Y back brakes to wear down and not have the front wear down at all

- Winter Park, FL, USA

May 192016

Rio

On many occasions, since we purchased this 2014 Kia Rio, it has had a horrible, intense odor of gasoline that is so strong it overwhelms anyone near it. It starts after 20-30 minutes of driving. I have taken it to the dealer 4 or 5 times and the workers can not find anything wrong with it. One one occasion, the mechanics changed something called the purge canister but the problem continues. I read on the NHTSA that at least two other car owners complained of the same. I have a new born and a 7 year old and I no longer feel safe in this car.the car was purchased for my daughter who has two

- Port St. Lucie, FL, USA