2008 Kia Rondo AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Kia Rondo:

2008 Kia Rondo Owner Comments

Nov 302011

Rondo 6-cyl

Equipment: Air conditioner as warm weather in Maryland ended (2011) I noticed the air not being cool. Last year (2012) when it became hot enough to turn on the air conditioner I received nothing but hot air. The car was taken to have diagnosis, but I was told by several private mechanics that the compressor had freon and I should check with the dealer because if I add freon I could damage the compressor. Freon was not added. I contacted the dealer and I was informed I would be charged $100 for diagnosis. That's when I checked the internet to see similar issues with the verdict being the compressor was not working. Why would there been a compressor that goes out in a 2008 Kia Rondo in 2011.

- Baltimore, MD, USA