2008 Kia Rondo body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Kia Rondo:

2008 Kia Rondo Owner Comments

Feb 282016

The contact owns a 2008 Kia Rondo. While driving approximately 30 mph in the rain, the steering lost power without warning. The vehicle was coasted to the side of the road and restarted after the water drained. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the splash guards were not keeping the water off the belts. The mechanic further diagnosed that the splash guards needed to be replaced by the manufacturer. The local dealer was made aware of the failure and stated that nothing could be done. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 108,000.

- Lakeline, OH, USA

Jan 032015

During an inspection of the undercarriage on my Kia, an auto mechanic informed me that my oil pan had rusted through and engine oil was seeping through the metal. The cost of parts and labor for a replacement is approximately $250. The service manager of the auto repair garage stated that in his experience this was not an uncommon problem with some Kia and Hyundai models. In my opinion, this is a major manufacturing defect. That is, the metal used to manufacture a critical part on the engine (mine is 2.4 liter/4 cylinder) is defective either in composition or gauge. I've owned vehicles for over 40 years and, prior to this, I've never heard of an oil pan rusting through. As background, I purchased this vehicle new. I'm retired and I do not drive regularly (no commute). Although I live in Maine where road salt is used liberally on roads, I have avoided driving in winter storms whenever possible.

- Yarmouth, ME, USA

Nov 282008

The car vibrates and makes loud noise when rolling down any of the rear windows.,

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA