2.0

2008 Kia Rondo fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Kia Rondo:

2008 Kia Rondo Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Rondo

The contact owns a 2008 Kia Rondo. After the vehicle was refueled, it hesitated to start and stalled at various speeds without warning. The vehicle was restarted and operated normally. The contact also indicated that the tire pressure monitoring system illuminated although the tire pressure was normal. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Jan 112016

Rondo

The contact owns a 2008 Kia Rondo. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle stalled as the check engine warning light illuminated. The contact mentioned that the check engine warning indicator had been illuminated for two days prior to the failure. The contact also stated that the fuel gauge decreased to approximately a quarter of a tank. The vehicle was restarted. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic but was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 79,000.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Nov 192014

Rondo 6-cyl

Went to get rear tires put on my car and the mechanic noticed the fuel tank was leaking above the support on the drivers side. To replace the fuel tank is over 900 dollars, according to the dealer. I know this is a problem in the same area for Rondos because a Kia mechanic told me that he just had one in that had a leak in the same exact area. Have not had it fixed yet due to the expense, even though its a safety risk.

- Goffstown, NH, USA

Jun 022014

Rondo 6-cyl

Fuel pan rusted out. Valvoline would not service the car until the oil pan was replaced.

- Maynard, MI, USA

Dec 292014

Rondo 6-cyl

It takes 2 or 3 attempts to start my car after getting gas. Recently, after getting gas, the car stalled while I was driving on a busy main road going approx 40mph. Today, the car stalled 2X while driving. Everything turned off, had to use the emergency brake to stop the car.

- Maynard, MA, USA

Nov 292014

Rondo 6-cyl

After smelling a strong smell of gasoline in our garage, we took our Kia Rondo to Firestone to have it checked out. They found that a seam on the gas tank had separated and there was rust in the area that they believed was caused by road salt applied to our roads during the winters we have had the car (St. Louis). We took the vehicle to Kia and they have refused to cover the replacement of the gas tank, which is only 6 years old. This gas tank is metal and is defective and should be recalled on all 2008 Kia Rondos.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Jan 012010

Rondo 6-cyl

In 2010, check engine light came on. The vehicle would not restart after refueling. I would have to pump the gas before the car would restart and it would make sounds and the RPM will rev. I had a diagnosis performed by several mechanics but unable to detect what was causing the problem. Had guesstimates as to O2 sensors, fuel pump to canisters replacement. This has gone on since 2010. Currently, the car does not turn over on the first attempt after fueling. I took car in to the dealership and was told that I needed to replace the fuel pump assembly. As I researched the recommended repair, I learned that Kia recalled other 2008 Rondo's, so I called them and was told that my vehicle is a V6 and not part of the recall campaign. I am having the same problem as the vehicles in the recall campaign and think that this matter should be further investigated.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Sep 012011

Rondo 6-cyl

In September 2011, check engine light came on. The vehicle would not restart after refueling. I would have to pump the gas before the car would restart and it would make a sound like it was trying to suck up gas through a straw that had a hole in it. I had a fuel injection flush and dye added but unable to detect what was causing the problem. This went on for several months. Currently, the car does not turn over on the first attempt. It takes approximately 3 attempts for the car to start. This is in addition to the car not starting after refueling. I took car in for repair and was told that I needed to replace the fuel pump assembly. As I researched the recommended repair, I learned that Kia recalled other 2008 Rondo's, so I called them and was told that my vehicle is a 2.7 liter and not part of the recall campaign. I am having the same problem as the vehicles in the recall campaign and think that this matter should be further investigated.

- Buckeye, AZ, USA

Jun 012012

Rondo

I have a 2008 Kia Rondo, for the past few months I have been having issues when I get gas. It is the 2.7L engine and when I stop to get gas it won't start. I have to push the gas to get it to crank and then have to hold it down for approximately 2 minutes before it will stay cranked. If I do not keep the gas pressed down for that length of time it cuts off or hesitates then cuts off. I have inquired with the Kia dealership about the recall for the 2.4L engines and was informed that my car did not qualify for that recall. However, my car is having the same issues as the ones that were recalled.

- Allen, TX, USA