2.0

2008 Kia Rondo suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Kia Rondo:

2008 Kia Rondo Owner Comments

May 282015

Rondo

Coming back from Wisconsin the left front coil spring busted and shredded the inside of the left front tire blowing it out traveling at 65 miles per hour. I had seen on the internet that hyundies and Kia were noted for there defectiive front coil spring breaking and causing damage to tires and possibly wrecks. I called the Kia dealership in quincy, Illinois and he told me the parts were no longer under warranty and I would have to pay for parts and labor to fix my vehicle. This has already cost me $240 for 2 new front tires on my vehicle. I feel this is unfair due to the fact that possibly these front coil springs were of defective weak foreign material and should be investigated for the sake of peoples lives

- Hamilton, IL, USA

Aug 012014

Rondo 6-cyl

Last week went in to get new tires and mechanic brought to me 2 large pieces of both my front coil springs. They had broken off but luckily not in a way that would puncture the tires. Both showed rust on the end of the springs which leads me to believe it was a failure of the metal. They will cost me $500+ to replace. This weekend Hyundai, also made in South Korea, announced a recall of their vehicles due to faulty front coil springs, especially in cold weather states, which we are.. I have tried to research whether Kia used the same springs but cannot find that info online.

- Stevens Point, WI, USA

Dec 302011

Rondo 6-cyl

Part: Sway bars I had been experiencing a clanking noise coming from under the car. I thought it was the spare tire loose. Had it checked it was tight. I thought it was the bar under the hood, the arm that holds the hood up. Checked it and it was properly clipped. I had the problem diagnosed by a private mechanic and I was informed that it was the sway bars. Private mechanic stated it is not a safety feature, but he recommended to fix as soon as possible. I had the sway bars replaced. I paid almost $200 to have them replaced due to the mechanic stated it was the roads I traveled that were causing damage to the suspension. Not even a year later I require sway bars to be replaced again. Is this really the roads that are so bad that sway bars are replaced yearly.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Mar 012012

Rondo

I took vehicle in to private mechanic for wheel alignment. I was told that due to manufacturing quirk that one of the alignment adjustments to the wheels can not be accomplished. The dealer was unable to help either. I was told that a tire was improperly welded on upon manufacturing and a correct/appropriate alignment would not be possible.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Aug 182012

Rondo

I recently took vehicle in for wheel alignment. I was told that due to manufacturing quirk that one of the alignment adjustments to the rear wheels can not be accomplished. The dealer was unable to help either. I was told that a specialty alignment shop might have the appropriate equipment and parts to do the alignment.

- Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA