2002 Kia Sedona engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Kia Sedona:

2002 Kia Sedona Owner Comments

Mar 182013

Sedona EX 3.5L V6

Sadly this is a reaccurin problem.It has happened to me multiple times in the past. For some reason while I have my foot on the brake the engine wants to jump around between 100 rpm all the way up to 1000. But if I put the van in neutral, the rpms jump all the way up to 1700. when i brought it to the dealership they said its my ignition failure sensor but I had it replaced last July. and something like that along with most electrical on the engine shouldn't have to be replcaed. It's quite annoying because I really like my van :P and want to keep it until it completely falls apart plus its my first vehicle so theres some emotional attachment to it LOL. I just wonder if theres anything I can do that wont cost an arm and a leg, to fix the problem.

- , Brampton, Ontario, canada