1. new gas tank (1 reports)
  2. replace tank & pump (1 reports)
2002 Kia Sedona fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Kia Sedona:

2002 Kia Sedona Owner Comments

Aug 292016

Sedona EX V6

so much rust in tank & fuel pump, both must be replaced

NEVER BUY A 2002 kia sedona , looks are so deceiving. I MUST replace the following : FUEL TANK, FUEL PUMP, AC COMPRESSOR , AC CONDENSOR, REAR & FRONT EXPANSION VALVE, ELECTRICAL CONNECTORS FOR FUEL PUMP, ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR FOR FRONT BLOWER FAN. ALTERNATOR IDLER BEARING, AC IDLER BEARING, TIMING BELT AND TIMING IDLER BEARINGS.

- , Cayo District, Belize, Belize

Oct 202014

Sedona EX 3.0L V6

Well the 2002 Kia Sedona was the first year this was manufactured, so I should have stayed away!

The undercarriage of this vehicle was obviously not made for locations that get snow, use salt/sand on roadways, etc. The rust happens quickly and spreads. My complaint today is for the gas tank. I started smelling gas as I was driving and when exiting the van. I filled my gas tank, drove 3 miles and lost 1/4 tank of gas. Went home and lost another 1/4 tank of gas within a few hours. Put a bucket underneath, looked at tank and saw several areas on the front end of the tank leaking at the seam. I put a gas tank stop leak on the tank, waited the correct time, re-applied, let dry, drove it up the driveway and it started leaking again.

A new tank costs @ $550, so I checked local junk yards. I had my vehicle towed to the junk yard 2 weeks ago, as they also were installing the "new" tank. The tanks they had all leaked as well as all the local yards within a 100 mile radius. They had to order one from down south, and hopefully there's no issues with this one and I can get my van back in the next few days. Again, Kia should have recalled these rust buckets.

- , Raymond, NH, USA