2003 Kia Sedona wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Kia Sedona:

2003 Kia Sedona Owner Comments

Jul 012006

Sedona 4-cyl

In July of 2006, while on vacation, we noticed a lug nut missing from the right front wheel, and one next to it was finger loose. (new tires were put on in February 2006). I replaced these at the next exit. Took van to Kia dealer the next week, they replaced with oem lug nuts. The following week, I noticed a lug nut was missing again from the same wheel. Took to Kia, they replaced. 2 weeks later, I noticed a lug nut missing from same tire again. Took to Kia to be replaced and they said they didn't know why they kept falling off, had not seen this before. 2 months passed, and I tried to rotate my tires in early Oct. One stud snapped off, and another seized up, if I tried to get it off, it would have snapped off also. Took it to the dealer today, they replaced 2 studs and the 2 lug nuts. Again, no ideas as to why this is occurring. I'm afraid there is something wrong with the wheel studs / wheel assembly, which may result in a wheel separation while driving, resulting in serious injury to passengers/other people, and serious damage to vehicles. I think this should be investigated before someone gets injured/killed.

- Lexington, SC, USA