2004 Kia Sedona brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Kia Sedona:

2004 Kia Sedona Owner Comments

Feb 022013

Sedona LX

I just had the brakes and tires replaced on my 2006 Kia Sedona. After getting into a minor traffic accident at a stop light (someone hit me from behind,) it wasn't long before the brakes started making this awful scraping noise. We returned to the mechanic's garage to have the van checked out but he told us that the brake pads were still fine but the noise is continuing. I don't know what to do to have this problem fixed.

- , Stokesdale, NC, USA

Sep 272012

Sedona LX 3.2L V6

On initially starting vehicle I depress the brake to shift to reverse and and back up I hear all kinds of chatter coming from the front end. After vehicle warms up the noise is gone. I took the car to a KIA dealer and the mechanic said that I needed motor mounts. I had these installed for $700 and returned for a diagnosis since the noise was still there and the mechanic said, I needed motor mounts. When I told him that I had had these installed and the radiator replaced, he did not reply. And the KIA dealership charged me $60.02 for this diagnosis. I wrote to the General Manager and have not received a reply in over two months although I tweeked him for a reply on two occasions. The car has a trailer hitch installed and I suspect that the overall suspension is warped and that the cold engine vibration is causing the noise but cannot confirm this since I know absolutely nothing about cars. I am taking it in Tuesday, February 12th for an alignment and to see if this other KIA dealer can correctly pinpoint my problem. Unfortunately, my warranty only covers the usual drive train and engine. This is my eighth KIA and the first that has given me an cause for concern. Actually, sthe vehicle drives nicely except for the initial morning noise.I

- , Sun City Center, FL, USA