2004 Kia Sedona brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Kia Sedona:

2004 Kia Sedona Owner Comments

Apr 032007

Sedona 6-cyl

This van has brake problems squeaking and wearing out pads way too fast. I was told nothing is wrong with the brake system but when taking it to a brake shop I was told the calipers are bad, Kia has not fixed them and denies that they're bad. The check engine light came on and I was told that a spark plug had misfired, that was fixed under warranty and then another spark plug misfired and was fixed under warranty. The oil level was getting low but I had no leak and I was told that the oil filter was simply loose so they said they fixed it. I asked if I should bring the van back in a week to have the oil level checked and we were assured there was no leak. Check engine light came on again and the oil light flickered, did not stay illuminated, so we took it to the dealership immediately, as the owners manual and the mechanic had stated. Then we're told that there's sludge in the engine and that it will be 2,000 dollars to take it apart and check the damage that we caused from continuing to drive it. They never told us there was any reason to not drive it nor did they mention sludge previously. The van will be towed back to Kia tomorrow.

- Roswell, GA, USA