2.0

2006 Kia Sedona engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Kia Sedona:

2006 Kia Sedona Owner Comments

Mar 262016

Sedona

Oil leaks from valve cover gasket and timing cover gasket cause oil to drop on the alternator. This oil residue causes the alternator to stop working and in turn the battery dies. My vehicle has stopped abruptly on the freeway three times due to this issue, when all electrical power to the vehicle is abruptly disabled with very less warning and reaction time. This is a very dangerous situation and if not for my alertness and quick reaction, my family would have been a traffic hazard and accident prone. This a manufacturing or part related defect on Kia Sedonas. My mechanics have confirmed seeing this on other Kia Sedonas. My vehicle currently still has this problem and I am trying to get Kia to address it.

- Fullerton, CA, USA

Oct 082008

Sedona

The contact owns a 2006 Kia Sedona. While driving at an unknown speed, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The dealer was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 51,823. Updated 2/25/15

- Meeker , CO, USA

Sep 022014

Sedona 6-cyl

I was leaving my house and had just driven a short distance when the check engine light and the ESC off came on as the car slowed to almost a stop. I pressed on the accelerator and nothing happened. I got out of the car and raised the hood and the engine was idling roughly. I turned the car off and on several times but nothing chaged; it wouldn't accelerate and the warning lights stayed on. The ESC off light eventually went out and the check engine light stayed on but I was able to drive it again. I took it to a mechanic who lubricated a throttle cable after checking the codes. It worked for a few weeks after that but the ESC off light came on again intermittently after that. I am afraid of losing power when I am in heavy traffic, at an intersection, merging, or anywhere I will be in danger if I cannot move out of the way of oncoming traffic.

- Schuyler, VA, USA

Jan 012014

Sedona

The contact owns a 2006 Kia Sedona. The contact stated that the vehicle hesitated to start and was towed to the dealer. The dealer was unable to determine the cause of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 73,000.

- Wendell, NC, USA

Mar 222011

Sedona

The contact owns a 2006 Kia Sedona. The contact stated that the vehicle would stall as soon as the engine was started. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the contact was advised that the junction box and instrument panel module needed to be replaced. In addition, the engine was leaking oil into the alternator. The dealer made repairs to rectify the oil leak failure but to no avail. The instrument panel module and junction box were not replaced. The failure mileage was 100,783.

- Punta Gorda, FL, USA