2.2

2007 Kia Sedona brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Kia Sedona:

2007 Kia Sedona Owner Comments

Oct 012016

Sedona

Brake lights not illuminating, ESC light is on that it is not functioning check engine light looked up that it was a recall on 2007 Kia Sedona but when entering my VIN # it does not show

- Red Bank, NJ, USA

Jun 032016

Sedona

The electrical doors stopped working and do not latch, the door fly open when we turn a corner. The ESC light is on. My brakes and transmission has malfunctioned.. malfunctions in SC 134. SC133. SC098. The ;suspenision and clicks and clutters. Since this year alone my van has malfunctioned in all the areas, U can see when looked at...the doors alone are dangerious.

- Gowanda, NY, USA

May 202016

Sedona

I had an issue with a dealership after service with Kia I started having trouble with the locks on the passenger side doors not locking and shutting. And before I accuse someone of something that is not correct I wanted to rule out all avenues. While speaking to Kia they said to contact the owner and take it up with them. But I am wanting to make sure of this I have a pre-owned vehicle. On 5/21/2016 is when I started having problems with them.

- Smithfield, NC, USA

Jan 152016

Sedona

Takata recall there is a popping sound under the van while you are driving doesnt matter what kind of road you are on unknown what part it is the ESC light keeps coming on doesnt matter what kind of road you are on and the brakes keep acting like they are going out doesnt matter what kind of road you are

- Pineville, KY, USA

Aug 012013

Sedona

I have been having an intermittent "non-start" issue with my car. I would turn the key and nothing. The lights would go on, radio would go on, but the car wouldn't do anything towards cranking and starting. No clicking noise, nothing. I would get out of the car open and close some doors and most of the time it would start. Also, I was driving on the highway when the ESC off light came on. Whenever I stopped it would go off until I got back on the highway again. I had my mechanic plug it in to see if any error codes show, but there was nothing. I checked online and found a recall for these exact issues tied to the stop lamp switch, but when I took the car to Kia dealership they said they had fixed the recall a couple years earlier. I bought a new stop lamp switch myself, (genuine Kia part, not generic, ) and had it replaced again. (cheap part of and installation.) I then went on road trip and nothing was fixed. ESC off light was on nearly the whole time and I had a non-start during trip. There has to be another issue involved here. I live in New York city so I hardly ever am driving on highways, so road trips was only time I would see ESC off light and I rarely if ever use cruise control, so I don;T know if I would have the cruise control issue tied to this standard group of issues either.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Aug 012013

Sedona

The brake lights remain illuminated when the brake pedal is released and the electronic stability control (ESC) malfunction light is on. The brake lights remaining on caused the battery to drain.

- Mundelein, IL, USA

Jan 012012

Sedona

When brake pedal is depressed, the brake lights stay on. Electronic stability control malfuctions. Cruise control sometimes will not deactivate when brake pedal is depressed.

- Portage, PA, USA

Aug 142011

Sedona 6-cyl

1. driving van on highway when ESC and check engine warning lights came on simultaneously. 2. vehicle suddenly loses all acceleration. Has happened twice in the past two weeks, both times at highway speeds. 3. dealership indicates that this is a chronic issue with multiple models and that replacement parts have been redesigned to reduce failure, but that issues are so prevalent that parts are on back order and that it may take "2 weeks or 2 months" to receive parts to correct the problem.

- Louisburg, KS, USA

Jul 272010

Sedona

Only owner of 2007 Kia Sedona, I was informed by another driver while driving that my brake lights did not work. I had noticed that the "ESC" light was on my dash and did not go out. I called Kia motors to inform them of this after I saw online that there was a recall and they advised that my vehicle was not involved in the recall and that I needed to take it to a dealer for diagnosis. I did and it was the same faulty brake switch that was on the recall but since Kia said my unit was not included in the recall I have to pay for the part and repair by the dealer. I requested reimbursement from Kia motors in good faith as what happened to my vehicle was exactly what happened to owners in the recall but they denied my good faith request.

- Midlothian, VA, USA