2008 Kia Sedona brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Kia Sedona:

2008 Kia Sedona Owner Comments

Apr 152009

On a 2008 Kia Sedona my front brake disc have been replaced 2 times in less than 12 months due to warping of the disc. My Kia now has 6,000 miles on it which is about average for my driving as I am retired. In addition the parking brake has been adjusted 3 times since I have had the car. It will not prevent the minivan from rolling backwards in my driveway.

- Tigard, OR, USA

Oct 192009

My 2008 Kia Sedona accelerate unexpectedly. It has done this several times starting in Oct 2009. I can be driving along and it will suddenly accelerate on its own. If you apply the brake it takes a great deal of force to get the vehicle stopped, if you're lucky. This has happened several times.

- Colona, IL, USA

May 182009

Sedona 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Kia Sedona. While driving the vehicle at various speeds, the brakes began pulsating and there was excessive vibration in the steering wheel including a burning odor. The stated that the failure could be related to the way she drove the vehicle. A second dealer stated that brakes over heated and the brake pads and rotors needed to be replaced. The contact stated that the brakes should have failed at 15,000 miles. The vehicle will be repaired; however, she stated that the brakes were defective. The failure mileage was 7000 and the current mileage was 15,300.updated 10/26/09. The rotors overheated and were warped. The air bag light was on. The consumer was also informed tires were need on the vehicle due to cupping. Updated 10/26/09

- Ford, NJ, USA

Jul 182009

Let me start by saying we loved the van up until this incident. I was driving on the interstate with my family in our 2008 Kia Sedona. I had the cruise control set to 75 mph, I went to pass someone and when I pushed the accelerator to pass the car. I tried to disengage the cruise control by pressing the brake as well as doing it manually by pressing the cruise control button. I could not get the van to slow down even though I was pushing the brake to the floor. At one point I was doing between 90 and 100 mph. I finally managed to get the van stopped and my brakes were smoking extremely bad. I took it to the dealer and they said it was a bad brake switch. The dealer acted like it was no big deal. I explained that we could have been injured or even killed.

- Smyrna, TN, USA