4.5

2009 Kia Sedona brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Kia Sedona:

2009 Kia Sedona Owner Comments

Sep 052011

Sedona 6-cyl

Electronic stability control: The vehicle suddenly stopped to react to the gas pedal, like motor RPM fail, usually its idle valve or speed control. The problem with this vehicle Sedona 2009 happened as I was trying to speed up while entering the traffic on a highway, and it created a dangerous situation, it look like a common problem with Kia Sedona vehicles, there a few reference on the internet for example see this: Http//www.Kia-forums-com/Kia-carnival-Sedona-suddenly loss-accelerator-response.html.TR. Dated 9/11/2011.

- Bayamon , PR, USA

Feb 182011

Sedona 6-cyl

Have had vehicle back into dealer 5 times, since Feb 11 first check engine and ESC light on and van would not go push down on gas pedal and nothing had it towed in. They reprogrammed and then feb24th ESC light on again. Went back in they replaced steering angler sensor. Van still not running right down shifts on its own. Took back they said found no problem to have trans fluid changed so I did and it still happened. Then driving down the road the van S brakes lock up and the engine revved up and almost went through the windshield. Called dealer next day they said I could not get an appt until oct6 almost a month away. I called back and asked if it was safe to drive and he said no I could bring in and they would get to when ever they get a chance, they had it for 5 days and said they couldn't find anything wrong. I went to pick it up started the van to leave and the ESC light was on. I went back in and asked why? they took for a ride then put on machine said they needed to order the sensor to replace the same one they replace in Feb. Told me it was safe to drive home and bring back thur Sept 22. 2011, so drive home get 2 blocks from home and the brakes locked up the tires squeal and I slid off the side of the road luckily I didn't hit anything. Scared me death. Had van towed back to dealer and its still there now. I called Kia main office to discuss problem and how im very worried about the safety of my van. He said he'd call back yesterday but haven't heard from him yet. I tried to call him 2 times today and no answer. Then the dealer called said they did some reprogramming but still looking for the problem they are driving it to see if it does it for them if not they will just give it back to me. That makes me feel really safe I don't want to drive it until I know its fixed and safe. They acted like they have never heard of this problem before.

- White Oak, PA, USA

Sep 202011

Sedona 6-cyl

My vehicle suddenly stopped to react to the gas pedal, motor RPM fell down to ~1000 RPM - usually its idle value. The problem happened as I was trying to speed up while entering the traffic on a highway, and it created a dangerous situation. It looks like a common problem with Kia Sedona vehicles, I was able to find quite a few references on the internet, for example see this: www.Kia-forums.com/Kia-carnival-Sedona-2006/61112-sudden-loss-accelerator-response.html.

- Hillsboro, OR, USA

May 132010

Sedona 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Kia Sedona. While driving at low speeds of 5 mph, the check engine and electronic stability control (ESC) lights illuminated. The dealer advised that the failure was common in her model vehicle. The throttle position sensor was replaced and the pmc was upgraded. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 21,441 and the current mileage was not unknown. Updated 7/16/10 updated 07/22/10.

- Rochester , NY, USA