2.5

2003 Kia Sorento engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Kia Sorento:

2003 Kia Sorento Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jul 212006

Sorento 6-cyl

The reservoir on my 2003 Kia Sorento ruptured and all the coolant leaked out while I was driving. I pulled off the highway and into a gas station and the let the car cool. I then added in anti- freeze and filled it with water and drove another 10 miles and dropped the car at a repair shop. The next day the car would not start. The Kia dealership is saying it is not covered under warranty.

- Fullerton, CA, USA

Nov 072005

Sorento 6-cyl

Electrical failure, cooling system failure, rough running-engine misfire purchased car 2-22-2003 brand new this car has spent a lot of time on the dealers lift. Also has seen its share of tow trucks. In the past 1 1/2 years I have replaced 18 left side headlights,23 right side head light,16 fog lights,8 license plate lights and 6 tail lights the truck has been to 3 dealers and they all say its either normal or it's only because I did not buy the bulbs from Kia well some I did and they do not last either. The last time it was in they had the truck for 9 1/2 minutes and told us there is nothing wrong and for $149 they will put in a new bulb. No warranty on how long it will last..... the truck also misfires and the dealer also cannot fix it they say the computer says its good so it must be good. Well you can feel the misfire even the dealers mechanic stated it is misfiring but he cannot fix it maybe after the warranty is over we will be able to find the problem..... another problem is the cooling system in the past 3 years it has had the recovery tank replaced 2 times the radiator replaced the connecting Y behind the motor replaced... I have spent over $200 on rent a cars with no help from Kia each time my car is towed in this car is still under warranty so why cant they fix it O yeah the last thing is the fog lights are melting or shall I say its the inside chrome coating is burning and I was told its not warranty and there about $85 each why wont Kia meet with me "????????????" can anyone please help me.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Dec 262005

Sorento 6-cyl

Electrical failure, cooling system failure, rough running-engine misfire purchased car 2-22-2003 brand new this car has spent a lot of time on the dealers lift. Also has seen its share of tow trucks. In the past 1 1/2 years I have replaced 18 left side headlights,23 right side headlights,16 fog lights,8 license plate lights and 6 tail lights the truck has been to 3 dealers and they all say its either normal or it's only because I did not buy the bulbs from Kia well some I did and they do not last either. The last time it was in they had the truck for 9 1/2 minutes and told us there is nothing wrong and for $149 they will put in a new bulb. No warranty on how long it will last..... the truck also misfires and the dealer also cannot fix it they say the computer says its good so it must be good. Well you can feel the misfire even the dealers mechanic stated it is misfiring but he cannot fix it maybe after the warranty is over we will be able to find the problem..... another problem is the cooling system in the past 3 years it has had the recovery tank replaced 2 times the radiator replaced the connecting Y behind the motor replaced... I have spent over $200 on rent a cars with no help from Kia each time my car is towed in this car is still under warranty so why cant they fix it O yeah the last thing is the fog lights are melting or shall I say its the inside chrome coating is burning and I was told its not warranty and there about $85 each why wont Kia meet with me "????????????" can anyone please help me.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Jun 182005

Sorento 4WD 6-cyl

Harmonic balancer bolt broke. Traveling less than 5mph. Vehicle started to vibrate. Upon investigation, found that the main bolt holding the harmonic balancer in had sheared off. There were some rust deposits at the breakage point. This occured while on an offroad trip. The vehicle was left in the backcountry. I will have to attempt to make repairs in the field in order to get it to the dealer. There is no way to tow the vehicle out of its current position.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Oct 042004

Sorento 6-cyl

While driving, the engine blew out the first time on 10-04-04. It was replaced and it blew again on 01-21-05. The vehicle is on its third engine. The key became stuck in the ignition, the vehicle shifted out of park. The consumer stated he has had transmissions and engine problems since he purchased the vehicle. The front wheel bearings were damaged. The fog light was inoperative.

- Beacon, NY, USA